Modern American School, Jordan


Modern American School, Jordan

School Summary:
National, US, UK, curricula.
900 students, 3-18 yrs

PO Box 950553, Amman, 11185, Jordan
Tel: (+962) 6 581 0027/6861
Fax: (+962) 6 5816860

Modern American Schoo,l Jordan. Modern American School, Jordan is a co-educational day school in west Amman. The school is licensed by the Jordanian Ministry of Education, is accredited by CITA (Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation) and the North Central Association (NCA-CASI). The school is licensed to teach American High School Diploma through a protocol with the Jordanian Ministry of Education. The school offers a variety of international educational programs that serve the Jordanian and international community. The school offers excellent facilities in the areas of Information Technology, three science labs, a gymnasium, art rooms and three libraries. The Modern American School , Jordan has a multi-purpose hall, a 400 seat theatre and specialist area rooms as well as three cafeterias. The KG program is bilingual with more emphasis on English. In Grades 1 to 12 there are two available programs: national and international. The National program is bilingual and follows the Ministry of Education curriculum. The International program is an English medium program US based. In grades 11 & 12 students have the choice of the A level program, or the American High School Diploma. Subjects offered in the last four years include languages, mathematics, social studies, religion and art. In addition, students are offered TOEFL and SAT I preparation courses. The school curriculum includes extra-curricular activities in the fields of sports, arts, environment, IT and others. Students can organize their activities such that they meet the criteria for the ACT (Action, Creativity, and Togetherness) award, which includes community service. The average teacher to student ratio is 1:10, and 65% of the staff is Jordanian and the remaining 35% are holders of British, Canadian, American and other nationalities. 40% of the staff hold Master's degree and 60% hold Bachelor degrees. The student population in the current academic year is 900 students, 52% of which hold non-Jordanian nationalities, mainly US, Canadian and British. The Modern American School, Jordan operates a two semester system (September - January/February-June

The Bahrain Bayan School
Naseem International School
Dubai English Speaking College
Dubai Modern Education School
The British School Tehran
International School Baghdad
Abdul Hamid Sharaf School
Ahliyyah School for Girls
Amman Baccalaureate School
International School of Choueifat - Amman
Modern American School
Modern Montessori School
New English School
American Community School at Beirut
Institut Moderne du Liban
International College, Beirut
Al Jazeera Academy
Doha College
Qatar Academy
Qatar International School
Sultanate of Oman
Al Sahwa Schools
American International School of Muscat
American British Academy
British School Muscat
Muscat Private School
Sultan's School
Sanaa International School

Schools in Europe

International Schools
Germany Schools
Italy Schools
Spain Schools
Switzerland Schools
China Schools
India Schools
Kenya Schools
Singapore Schools
More International Schools

English Language Schools



Disclaimer: The information on these pages are provided by the schools themselves. World Wide Schools takes no responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions.
If you are a representative of this school and wish to correct information, please click on and submit any corrections.